Friday, March 20, 2009

Yesterday's Rally

My son and I attended yesterday's rally at the state capital. It was encouraging to see so many people there, and especially encouraging to see how many people have read and are continuing to read this blog! I'm so happy that this is helping so many, it was exactly what I intended, so I will definitely keep it up!

I got a lot of very good info that I will be breaking out into different posts to make it easier to read.

One thing that struck me was the Outback Steakhouse trucks catering lunch for our legislature. There were a few theories on how it was being paid for, some saying that lunch was "donated" but I don't think anybody confirmed it. In these hard economic times, really should our elected officials be eating steaks in public on the lawn of the Capital? I find it very inappropriate, no matter who's paying. There are people now starving, food banks are running out of food, and our officials are eating a "donated" lunch from a STEAKHOUSE ON THE FRONT LAWN? There are people like us who feel that the future of our children could be devastated with these budget cuts, these people seem to feel that our children can go without their medically necessary services, but hey, they can't go without their free lunch. Maybe the taxpayers footed the bill, which would make it even worse, who knows? Here are a couple of pictures:





These were just a few that I took at the rally




2 comments:

  1. I was hoping someone would post about the rally! I linked to your post on my blog.
    I'm not so sure I like Outback having catered either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Outback catering would have peeved me too, it does now, reading about it here. From my point of view, they should have brought sack lunches.

    How was the rally despite the inappropriate gluttony of the elected officials?

    ReplyDelete