Saturday, March 21, 2009

Due Process Template Letter

Copy to word, edit it with your info, and then save and print it. I strongly encourage everyone to do this, and I also encourage all providers to help your families to fill out and send in this form. All letters must be sent to Molly Bright in order to be processed.

_______________, 2009


Molly Bright
Part C Coordinator
DES/AzEIPArizona Early Intervention Program
Department of Economic Security
3839 N. 3rd Street Suite 304
Phoenix AZ 85012

Dear Ms. Bright: My child, _______________ whose date of birth is___________, is a child with a disability who has had an IFSP since _______________ through AzEIP only, DDD state only, DDD ALTCS, or ASDB (circle one). I am writing to request a due process hearing under 34 CFR 303.429 and 34 CFR 303.420, it is my understanding that a hearing officer should be appointed and the matter should be heard and decided within 30 days, during that time my child must continue to receive the appropriate early intervention service(s) being provided under the last agreed upon Individual Family Service Plan, as noted in AzEIP’s procedures, during the pendency of the due process proceeding. DES/AzEIP has violated IDEA Part C by failing to provide appropriate services for my child with a disability by proposing to eliminate or reducing the following services included on my child’s IFSP __________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________. Furthermore, I was not afforded the opportunity to participate in a meeting to discuss the proposed elimination or reduction of services and did not receive a prior written notice (PWN) or procedural safeguards. 34 CFR 303.403(a). The remedies that I seek include: the continuation of services during the pendency of the due process complaint, compensatory services or funding for any services missed or not provided, and immediate approval for reinstatement of the eliminated/reduced services. Further, I request the opportunity to review my child’s record pursuant to FERPA.

Sincerely,


Address:
Phone:

No comments:

Post a Comment