Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tax Increase Rumors

There have been a few rumors floating around that our services have been removed as a political move to make a case for increasing taxes, and if voters vote down the tax increase, the removal of services will be permanent. I sincerely hope that this is just a rumor and this is not true, I personally have difficulty wrapping my head around the idea of victimizing handicapped children and their families to make this. I would hope that if this was the case, those involved do not truly understand the emotional toll and impact it has had on us all, I just can't understand it if it is intentional, or even true.

One thing I can say to them is this. I will not give up on my son. Not now, not ever, period.

I sat by him in a hospital for 72 days, there were a few close calls, and as difficult as this struggle is, it is a cake walk compared to what I had to go through helplessly watching him struggle just to stay alive. I'm sure there are many parents in the same boat, if we can make it through that, we can can make it through anything.

No matter what happens. If the final decision is to take services away, it will probably effect him and his functioning for the rest of his life, and I cannot let that go no matter what happens. Even if we loose services, we will not loose our voices, and plan on still using mine no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment