Monday, March 9, 2009

Legislative Awareness Day

There is going to be a Legislative Awareness Day on the Capital Building lawn from 8:30 AM to 2PM, here is the link with more info:

http://www.azgcdd.org/LegislativeDay2009.asp

I haven't decided if I'm going to attend, I don't have a sitter, and I would have to bring my son with me, since it is still RSV season, we would have to remain outdoors. I live a good 45 minute to hr drive away from the capital, I'll see how we feel tomorrow, it does look like it might be a good event to attend, I'm sorry I didn't find out about it sooner.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle if it offers any hope..there will be some children's activities at the event and it is entirely outdoors. It really is a great chance to sit at a lunch table with your legislators and let your son be there as well so they can see a real LIFE that is affected by their decisions and not a "number on a budget"---lunch is free navajo tacos that can be built by you with ingredients that could fit a diet if need be.

    It will be a great event! Hope you can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ******We would love to invite everyone to participate in a rally on Friday 13th of March at 10-12 at Reid Park ramamda 7. ******
    Please attend our rally to show support for families who have been affected by the deep cuts to Arizona Early Intervention…

    You are encouraged to spread the word to anyone and everyone!!

    It is a very pertinent time to let our voices be heard.

    If you have any questions feel free to call your support coordinator or Lauren at 520-909-6663.

    Additionally… this video is a great representation of AZEIP and summarizes the issues at hand!
    Today's News Story - Tiniest, sickest Arizonans to feel budget axe

    ReplyDelete
  3. For all of us that don't know, could you please tell us where Reid Park is?

    The link above didn't work, I think this is a link to the same story, hopefully it will work

    http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=9947497

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reid Park is located on 22nd St. in Tucson, between Country Club and Alvernon.

    ReplyDelete