Wednesday, March 11, 2009

2nd Letter From DES? Anyone?

On a previous post, someone said they got a 2nd letter from DES stating that services were discontinuing as of a month ago? I haven't checked my mail today, but so far, I haven't gotten anything yet, let me know if you have, I'm not sure what they are doing if they purposely sent these out (and not just someone accidentally hitting the wrong key on the computer). Maybe they missed a deadline to cut their budget or something, and someone is backtracking to make it look like a letter went out, that would be my best guess, I'll let everyone know if I get one and what it says. Thanks for keeping me informed!

I'm also going to try to set up some polls, not sure if they will work, let me know if there are any issues.

3 comments:

  1. thanks Michelle for posting this (I wrote the original comment below). I'm attending Special Education Law & Advocacy Training tomorrow at TCC (with Peter Wright being the main speaker) - are you or anyone from this blog going to be there too? In any case, I'm going to try to find some answers there too.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a parent tell me today that she received a second letter after the initial termination letter. It specifically discontinued a speech therapy evaluation, and the effective date was listed as 2/22/09.
    Check my blog...the judge ruled in our favor for the injunction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go, to the training, but I can't due to some childcare issues, but I would be happy to post any info you get out of it : )

    ReplyDelete