Thursday, March 12, 2009

Court Case Update

It looks like there was a judgement issued in the case filed against the state in Maricopa County Superior Court, my son's DSI was kind enough to email a copy, I'm having some problems converting the file into something that can be read on blogger, but I'm working on it. It basically stated that the court granted the injunction against the state, ordered them to not proceed with the budget cuts, and ordered them to send out letters advising everyone of the judgement. I'll keep working on getting the text up, you can read the court minutes with the info I have posted earlier on how to look up the minutes in Maricopa County Superior Court.

Here is a link to the minutes, it is a 21 pager!

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Civil/032009/m3619276.pdf

Here's a link to an article in the AZ Republic about it

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2009/03/12/20090312politics-ddd0312.html

I'm very excited and relieved with this ruling, I feel that some of what I have been saying all along has been validated, the manner in which all of this was done violated state and federal laws, and violated our rights!

However, there is still work to be done, I'm sure the state will appeal this ruling, and who knows what will happen then?

I am still planning on proceeding with the due process hearing and the grievance process, just in case, but I do believe this sets a good precedence, and this info will be useful to me in preparation for that hearing as well, it gives info on the specifics of the laws and rules that were violated and how they were violated, and exactly what procedures were supposed to be followed and were not.

This also begs the question for me, if the state is so broke, how do they have the time, money and resources to fight this? I would like to know how much of our tax dollars is being spent in this battle! They won't service children, but they will fight in court? How much is being wasted there? Wouldn't those resources be best served someplace else?

2 comments:

  1. My daughter got a call last night and was told my granddaughter's services are back on. For how long? Tentative joy is , I guess, what we feel. But for how long?

    ReplyDelete