Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ACTION ALERT: Latest Statement on AZEIP Services

DES has the following posted in tiny print on the right side of their homepage screen, I was looking for it and almost missed it, I don't think it is an accident it is so small:

Early Intervention UPDATE The Department of Economic Security will not reduce early intervention services to eligible children from birth to age 3 and their families in state fiscal year 2009 (July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009) as a result of Senate Bill 1001.

While this seems like it might be good news it is not because they do not answer the question of WHAT HAPPENS AFTER JUNE 30? ARE SERVICES GOING TO CONTINUE AFTER JULY 1?

Another issue, why are they not sending this statement out in the mail? They have no problems in sending out letters that clearly violate the law and our civil rights but all of a sudden they have a problem sending out letters RESTORING WHAT IS LEGALLY OURS TO BEGIN WITH? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Now that I think about it, maybe they don't want us to call and complain to the Department of Education again, because, I'm sure they cannot tell us or are not supposed to tell us us that our services are going to be limited or imply they might cut them off again, maybe this statement in and of itself is not something they are supposed to even put out there to begin with, which is why they are not making more of an effort to inform us.

Has anyone else noticed this or been told about it?

I can't stress enough the importance of the due process hearings, if nothing else to make our voices heard.

I think everyone needs to either contact AZEIP, DDD, DES or their Case Manager and ask the question of what is going to happen to our services on July 1, I know I will, and I will be more than happy to post the answers. If anyone has a story about how they lost services as a result of this fiasco, or the harm and distress it has caused you or your loved ones, I will be happy to post that too, feel free to email me at

fightingforservicesaz@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment