Monday, August 23, 2010

Family Cost Participation is Rearing it's Ugly Head Again...

Okay, so I was wrong, there is rumblings now that the state is still trying to charge ahead with their Family Cost Participation Plan for therapies for children ages birth to 3. I still am dumbfounded by this, why in these economic times would we want to burden families with disabled children further, especially the working ones that pay taxes.

It makes no sense, Governor Brewer pushed prop 101 to tax us more for "education" (might I add that these services are part of the IDEA act, and do come under the Department of Education), nobody asks where that money is going or how it is being used, or why it is not contributing to this program. Maybe I'll call them and ask, I'll post the results of the conversation if I have one, assuming Governor Brewer's office will talk to me.

The draft indicates that the only recourse for parents is to apply for "reviews" all of which are run by the state, who have a vested interest in having the parents pay for services that their taxes already fund.

Who knows how this will all go down, it's crazy to me, the state has made no hesitation to violate our children's civil rights before, I don't doubt they will try to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment