Sunday, January 3, 2010

Due Process Hearing Update

I recieved a "Pre-Hearing Order" in the mail. I called the court to see if the State's request to dismiss was denied, and the person on the phone told me that although there were no notes, we can assume the judge is going to schedule a hearing.

I must admit it has been a draining, and somewhat indimidating process, especially since I am not an attorney, and the Attorney General's office is representing the State, it hardly seems fair, but thankfully we have a very understanding judge. I have had to do quite a bit of research in preparing for this, I'm not sure what is going to work and what is not, so I'm waiting to post that info until I'm sure of what works to avoid any confusion. Luckily I have a husband that has experience with preparing legal documents, so we have been able to use the same format the State is using, there is a series of free templates of legal forms at Microsoft that have been very helpful, the links are below.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC060869891033.aspx?CategoryID=CT102566891033


http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT102566891033.aspx

Hope everyone had happy holidays, and lets hope for a great 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment