Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is it Me or Does Jan Brewer Have Something Against Children?

Maybe, maybe not, but it looks like it sometimes! Look at all the cuts she has pushed, they for the most part negatively impact children one way or another, whether it be attempting to illegally cut services for disabled children, cuts to Child Protective Services, cuts to KidsCare, or childcare cuts, it appears that way, I thought maybe it was just me.

Then I read another article yesterday.

Apparently, she has signed a bill that allows someone with a permit to carry a concealed weapon into a park. A PARK! When you hear the word park, what images come into your mind? CHILDREN PLAYING! I sure it is a weird coincedence. Why would anyone need or want to carry a gun to a park? Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-gun, in fact at one time I used to hold a concealed permit myself (I let it lapse, another story for another day), but I for the life of me never ever would have thought of bringing it with me to a PARK! What for? What need could one possibly have for a gun at a place where there are most likely children playing or at least present somewhere? Why on earth would you want to be able to bring a firearm anywhere near a child?

Then there is the question about after dark, but don't parks close, especially with all of these budget cuts going down? There are not too many legitmate reasons for going to a park after dark that I can think of, maybe it is just me and my rant for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment