Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SERIOUSLY? DES is at it AGAIN!

I don't get it, I really don't. DES has come out with a proposed budget, granted it is not final or approved, but they are again proposing to reduce or eliminate Early Intervention and a host of other services. I guess they aren't tired of being sued. I'm not sure why they think they can accomplish these things this time around, if they try we are all willing to fight them. This isn't final or over, but we might want to start getting our dialing and typing fingers ready to contact our officials again.

Word is OSEP is planning a visit in November, I would love to meet with them too, as I'm sure many other parents would. Maybe we can organize and show up as a group when they are here, or form a protest outside the DES office. If anyone is interested, let me know.

The link to the "proposed" budget is below it is posted DES's main website page if you have trouble with the link:

https://egov.azdes.gov/cms400min/uploadedFiles/Office_of_Communications/fy2010_budget_review_15_percent_reduction.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment